Vegan Journey~ Week 4

At about 1:45 AM this morning, I realized that I had not done my vegan journey blog for the week yet.  After a long night and a long morning, both of my kids are starting their naps.  I think I'm ready to take a nap too.

This week is the end of my January experiment.  So I feel like I should have some amazing epiphanies to tell you.  In life, that's not always how it works though.  I'm still in the process of processing.  What I can tell you is that I had a great time.  It was a lot easier than I would have expected.  I had two "ch-Eating out" days.  I might possibly have had a few accidental non-vegan cookies.  But over all, it was pretty easy.  I felt really good when I wasn't cheating.  I felt normal (aka, worn out) when I had my big cheats.  All in all I felt excited about feeling healthy!  It is so great to eat food because it is making your body stronger, rather than to eat food just because you want to, or need to, or because its "time to eat."  But no huge epiphanies.  Sorry.

Now is the time that I find myself looking forward.  I'm getting ready to do my big monthly menu and grocery expedition. I want to eat things that will make me feel good.  I also want what I eat to be cheap, and easy, and amazing.   I don't know exactly what my eating guidelines will be, but when I know, I'll tell you.  This week I'm not going to give you a recipe, per say.  I'm just going to tell you one of the things we ate this week.  It has me thinking I can even convince my husband to eat vegan meals once in a while.  Here goes:

Toast a few tortillas in the oven 'til they are slightly crisp.  Spread hummus all over the top side of the tortilla.  Cover the hummus with cilantro (chopped), salad greens, onions, cucumbers and other such things.  Fold in half.  Eat.  Repeat. Yummmmmmmmm.



I would love to hear if any of the recipes from my "Vegan Journey" have been helpful to you.   For now, I'm going to go read my vegan cookbook, plan my grocery list, and hopefully, fall asleep during the process.  See you next week!